SPILL THE ENEMY'S BLOOD, NEVER INK.


SPILL THE ENEMY'S BLOOD, NEVER INK.

sic gloria transit mundi



Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Heh! You Think Your Wu-Tang Style Can Defeat Me!?!?

         Wu Earrings (Via The Hundreds.)
This was supposed to be one of The People's Poseur's first posts, but I got off-track.
At this point our conversation turned to kung fu, which he studies and which I took for many years. “Here let me show you something,” RZA said and got up, his arm out. I connected mine to form the bridge, a starting point with the arms that allows you both to block and punch. “Go ahead,” he said, and we started to spar.

I pulled his arm down, threw a punch, he blocked and so on, with him advancing me toward a set of bookshelves. The RZA finally broke through and had his hand on my neck. “How’d I do that?” he asked. I thought mechanics, and said something about him using my force. “No,” he said. “Intention.” He stopped to let it sit there for a moment. “I set my intention clearly before we started, I would get to your neck. You could hit me, kick me in the balls… doesn’t matter. Nothing would stop me.”
(Via Flavorwire.com.) . . . Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing Ta F' Wit. . .

The Wu-Tang Manual was eminently readable.
Now we have The Tao of Wu . . .

Design by Logan Walters (website here).
Re-Imagined (Via the Wu-Note Project.)
Video after the jump.

Check out the Liquid Swords II (2010) news here.


The Wu-Tang Mixtape by Eclectic Method.

And since you can't ever get enough RZA, check out a recipe for the vegetarian RZA Burger here.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails