SPILL THE ENEMY'S BLOOD, NEVER INK.


SPILL THE ENEMY'S BLOOD, NEVER INK.

sic gloria transit mundi



Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"I Let My Tape Rock 'til My Tape Popped. . ."

All hail The Lizard King . . .

Mr. Mojo Risin' . . .

Tuff Gong . . .


"Give them pleasure - the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare." - Alfred Hitchcock

Nick Cave . . .


Song from the soundtrack of the dope-a-licious movie "The Proposition," which was scored by Nick Cave (of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds) & Warren Ellis.

Monsieur Hendrix . . .

Rewind That Back . . .

The Only Band That Matters . . .

Tom Waits . . .

The Beatles (sic) . . .

Mr. Robert Zimmerman . . .

(All images via Ghost in the Machine/ iri5's flickr.)

Nature also teaches me by the sensations of pain, hunger, thirst, etc. that I am not only lodged in my body as a pilot in a vessel, but that I am very closely united to it, and so to speak so intermingled with it that I seem to compose with it one whole. ... I consider the body of a man as being a sort of machine so built up and composed of nerves, muscles, veins, blood and skin, that though there were no mind at all, it would not cease to have the same motions as at present, exception being made of those movements which are due to the direction of the will and in consequence depend on the mind (as opposed to those which operate by the disposition of the organs). (Rene Descartes, Meditations 6)

In his book The Concept of Mind (1949), British Philosopher Gilbert Ryle's coined the term "Ghost in the Machine" to describe Cartesian mind-body dualism.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails