SPILL THE ENEMY'S BLOOD, NEVER INK.


SPILL THE ENEMY'S BLOOD, NEVER INK.

sic gloria transit mundi



Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Crossroads Episode 1

In the Blues "the crossroads" are a place of spiritual power where a Bluesman might meet the Devil.  Robert Johnson supposedly sold his soul for his ability as a Bluesman and the fact that he died young (a known womanizer, one lover's husband poisoned him) only served to fuel the fire.  Anyway, this series is going to be about intersections of Hip-Hop and Native American culture however innocent, conscious, or ignorant.


"Hot Tottie" by Usher Feat. Jay-Z.

Kembosabe (or "Ke-mo sah-bee") comes from Tonto's term for The Lone Ranger (wiki here).

"I'm like 'Oh, Kemosabe, your body is my hobby.'" - Usher

(Via.)

"Hot toddy her body like cognac / Her momma like earth tea / We birthed a couple of sacks / And as the teeth speaks I greet all in the tipi / We did it Indian Style had the girl speaking / In tongue(s) she like young you hung what you done done / Stop it 'fore you wake up my momma might (ahhhhh) / And now that I've arrived it's time that you go..." - Jay-Z


"We Be Steady Mobbin' (Official Music Video)" by Lil Wayne Feat. Gucci Mane.

"Now pop that pussy I bring her to my bedroom / And pop that pussy, uh, huh and we be steady mobbin' / Oh Kemosabe, big ballin' is my hobby." - Lil Wayne

I'm going to blame Weezy for this one.
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails