SPILL THE ENEMY'S BLOOD, NEVER INK.


SPILL THE ENEMY'S BLOOD, NEVER INK.

sic gloria transit mundi



Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Crossroads Episode 3 (Part II)



Kwite Def (Kamackeris of Monsta Island Czars) Feat. Spiga, Rio, & Foul Language - Kill Or Be Killed.  Off Artz and Craftz (2007).

I think it's actually Spiega (versus "Spiga [sic]"), also supposedly a member of Monsta Island Czars ("M.I.C."); I can't identify the lyricists with certainty yet/match them up with their lyrics (also, the lyrical transcription was - and usually is on The People's Poseur - done by me, so mistakes are also mine).

"Corn-pone punishment / buck 'em and settle in [settlin'?] / tin trail veteran / suds killed better men / war drunk sounds drown out the lettered men / next of kin? get sold on Mexican / -soil get stole? / fuck 'em - don't let 'em in / [...] now melanin a felony / Elvis to Eminem: the fuck 'syou sellin' me?" - Spiga/Spiega (?)

"Y'all musta forgot / Summa y'all were descended from slaves / summa y'all were descended from caves / summa y'all immigrated, summa y'all migrated / just to make it here and find the world violated / American Dream started back when there were no buildin's / just the land, fertile with the childrens / [...]" - Rio (?)


Big Sean - Fat Raps (Chopped Not Slopped Remix).  [Original Track: Big Sean Feat. Chip Tha Ripper, Asher Roth, Dom Kennedy, Chuck Inglish, & Boldy James - Fat Raps (Remix).]

"I been frustrated with the way this shit's been aging / I'm about to take a break and get away on vacation / like maybe Malaysia to escape to meditation / now I'll just eat, pray, and wait for my day of revelation / or I'll take peyote, roam the rivers of Nairobi / change my name to Navajo and only grow weed / [...]" - Asher Roth


(Couldn't decipher the beginning of the last verse so I'm not sure whether to include it or not.)


Chip Tha Ripper Feat. Curren$y & Big Sean - Fat Raps.


DJ K.O. Feat. Silent Knight, J. Siinasttah, & Archival - This Land.

"They say home is where the heart is / but they don't tell you that / you're welcome back with the smell of crack and garbage / plus the fact that when you left this was a fortress / now it's a building full of Section 8 apartments / [...] try not to focus on the hardships, but when you see it all day it starts to weigh down your conscious / villagers on our own land and labeled immigrants / we helped build this, we native - indigenous / until they came 'n' enslaved us and pillaged it / we're treated like a game of Cowboys & Indians / nah, I'm serious - better believe it / instead of people to who I pledge allegiance / I never cease and desist to no extent / and so we make this place a home again." - Silent Knight (?)

"Could it be cause I'm Mexican? Nah. / Cause even an idiot could see 'val's skill / no matter what the pigment is / race, creed or religion is / [...]" - Archival (?)


DJ K.O. - This Land (DIAZ&SIMA Remix).


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails