SPILL THE ENEMY'S BLOOD, NEVER INK.


SPILL THE ENEMY'S BLOOD, NEVER INK.

sic gloria transit mundi



Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Crossroads Episode 10



Naturally Amazing - Streets Git A Hold Of Me (Blacksmith Presents: The Community Mixtape)

"I ride out like a native / that's shouts out to my Apache / [...]" - Naturally Amazing


J. Cole Feat. Lee Fields & The Expressions - Ladies off The Warm Up mixtape.

Yea, ay, look / when she talks she so closed minded / all she want to do is shop / she so clothes minded / wanna cop the latest before them other hoes find it / material girl yet somehow I don't mind it / probably cause she so fine it will blow your mind - she black and Pocahontas / [...]" - J. Cole  (Had to check that he said "Pocahontas" (Via.).)


60 Second Assassin Feat. Timbo King, 12 O'Clock, & Chi-King - Clockz N' Kingz off Sunz Of Man Presents: 60 Second Assassin - Remarkable Timing (2010).

"Counter clockwise, count the troops, not the lies / I see through your foolish attempts with closed eyes / I'm Sitting Bull with a peace pipe, wanna pull? / Got timberwolves dressed in all, sheep's wool / From the blocks to the box, from the fingers to the tops / Less is much more, but my need's a whole lot / [...]" - Timbo King (Via.)


Johnny Spanish - Raw Talent (The Lip).

"I been wanting this since I was 5, playing the piano / th'hustler in the streets, wondering if the D ain't know / so you can find me in the back of the beamer / rolling up a whole Sacagawea / know that I happen to be thuh / illest from my city dawg / [...]" - Johnny Spanish

As much as I love hip-hop and as much as it loves drugs, the fact that it makes nearly everything (Jimi Hendrix, Sacagawea, Sitting Bull, etc., et al.) into a reference to it can be exasperating at times.  Or just entertaining.  Sacagawea wiki here.

Again, not exactly hip-hop, although I'm still waiting for the Jack White x Jay-Z song(s)...

The White Stripes - Icky Thump.

"White Americans, what, nothin' better to do? / Why don't you kick yourself out?  You're an immigrant, too / Who's usin' who?  What should we do? / Well, you know you can't be a pimp and a prostitute, too / [...]" - Jack White (Via.)


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails