SPILL THE ENEMY'S BLOOD, NEVER INK.


SPILL THE ENEMY'S BLOOD, NEVER INK.

sic gloria transit mundi



Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dangermouse x Daniele Luppi x Jack White x Norah Jones + Jack White & Seasick Steve Live at SXSW 2011 + The Kills "Blood Pressures" Album Streaming + White Stripes (R.I.P.) + Ah, Hell. . .


So, first of all - I have no idea how I missed the approach of this project 5-years-in-the-making, but Brian Burton (a.k.a. DJ Danger Mouse - one of my favorite musicians alive today) teamed up with Jack White (another personal favorite) Daniele Luppi and Norah Jones to create an album, Rome, inspired by Spaghetti Westerns.  Oh and they went to Rome to get old Italian veteran musicians to record for them, rather than sampling.  Jones just sings (as opposed to writing, which White covered, - with Burton/Luppi on mastering, etc.) and if you check out the video below Jack White describes his songwriting method for this project, which was a departure from his normal methodology.


Danger Mouse & Daniele Luppi - Rome Trailer (Via.)  Can't wait til May 17th!  Every project Burton has been a part of has been dope to me; his collabo with Cee-Lo Green was my least favorite and that was still Gnarls Barkley. . .

Secondly, moment of silence: R.I.P. White Stripes.  Click here to read an article about them by author Chuck Klosterman.  Although not unexpected, I still consider it a shame - even if everybody hates on Meg White's timekeeping.  Under Great White Northern Lights was pretty incredibly dope in my book.  (And back on just Jack, but still talking movies, so was It Might Get Loud - though I don't particularly care for U2/The Edge.)

Third, Jack White's Third Man Records has a pop-up mobile record store:

(Via.)


Jack White Plays A Surprise Parking Lot Show At SXSW 2011  (Via.) - Don't sleep on Seasick Steve!

Click here to stream Blood Pressures (until the release date) by The Kills (half of which is comprised by the female co-vocalist of Jack White's Dead Weather band, where he plays the drums) (Via.)  I really like the song "Wild Charms" because it was so expected from these guys - at least for me.

Oh, and you should definitely check out the Meyrin Fields EP by the Broken Bells (Brian Burton x James Mercer of The Shins) as well.  Get it here.

Finally, I'm still waiting on that Jack White X Jay-Z collabo. . .


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails